Pass criteria ✅ CPL skill test is not a kill test
Conditions for pass of the CPL(A) skill test are described in Appendix 4(B)(3) and (B)(4) to Part FCL. The CPL Exam candidate has to demonstrate the ability to:
- operate the aeroplane within its limitations,
- complete all manoeuvres with smoothness and accuracy,
- exercise good judgement and airmanship;
- apply aeronautical knowledge; and
- maintain control of the aeroplane at all times in such a manner that the successful outcome of a procedure or manoeuvre is never seriously in doubt.
The following limits shall apply, corrected to make allowance for turbulent conditions and the handling qualities and performance of the aeroplane used.
- normal flight ±100 feet
- with simulated engine failure ±150 feet
- Tracking on radio aids ±5°
- normal flight ±10°
- with simulated engine failure ±15°
- take-off and approach ±5 knots
- all other flight regimes ±10 knots